This upgrade guide applies to SpeedBlog Beta Preview, Beta 2 and RC1 versions. If you have installed any of these versions, different upgrade procedures may be required as stated below.
Upgrading from SpeedBlog Beta Preview
SpeedBlog Beta Preview versions are v01.00.08 or lower.
- This is easier than it sounds. If you do not have Blog posts that you wish to retain and are fine with a clean install, just go ahead and uninstall the previous version.
- If you do have Blog posts & other SpeedBlog data in production that you wish to retain, find the following file
- Open it in notepad and delete everything in it and save again. Remember you just need to delete the contents inside the file, not the file itself.
- Once you’re done with saving the Uninstall.SqlDataProvider with nothing in it, just go ahead and uninstall all SpeedBlog Beta Preview modules. You will not loose any data if you properly follow this procedure.
- Once uninstalled, follow the same procedure as “Installing SpeedBlog for the first time” to install.
SpeedBlog between RC1 or lower and Beta 2 or higher.
Applicable SpeedBlog versions are between v01.00.09 and v01.00.29
- Its not mandatory to follow this procedure. You do not have to uninstall the previous versions.
- Before you upgrade to the release version, locate the folder /DesktopModules/SpeedBlog/ and delete everything in it.
- Once deleted, follow the same procedure as “Installing SpeedBlog for the first time” to upgrade.
Installing SpeedBlog for the first time
This procedure also applies to upgrades . Please follow the post here : Installation Guide